Step by Step Guide to Make and Use Wax at Home
We have always been told that organic products are the best ones to use on our skin since they are definitely free of any sort of industrial chemical. What better organic product can one get than the one made at home?
Well, hair removal is something we get done either at home or at a parlor. Rather than using any cream, a homemade hair removal wax is any day a much better option. However very few of us are aware of how to make a proper and effective hair remover wax at home.
Here is a step by step detailed process of how easily you can make your very own organic hair removal wax at home:
- First you need to gather the ingredients that you will need. All you have to do is get hold of 1 cup or 250ml of granulated sugar. You will need about 259ml or one cup of honey. Next, you will need, half a cup or 125ml of lemon juice and a tablespoon of water, if needed at all.
- Take a saucepan and heat it on a medium heat. Add the sugar into it and allow it to caramelize. Do not stir the sugar during this process, just throwing in a swish or not in during it. This will take some time. Take care that the flame is not too high.
- Then add the honey and the lemon juice into the saucepan and begin to stir continuously. The stirring is best done with a wooden spoon. You have to be very careful during this step since the sugar will be hot and foamy.
- Continue the stirring until this mixture reaches the consistency of a typical pancake batter. If you feel that it has become too thick, then you can add one tablespoon water.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and let it cool for some time. If you have plans of using it later, keep the mixture in a refrigerator and then heat it up, preferably in a smaller heater before using it.
Now that your very own homemade good wax for hair removal, you have to know the right way to use it. Here are some helpful tips that will enable you to use the homemade wax in the right way:
- For the best results, you can buy waxing strips from the market. You can also tear and cut up pieces of old linen shirts and then make strips out of them. Burn the edges so that the edges do not have strings coming out of them.
- Waxing is a painful process and in order to reduce the pain you can apply baby powder on the area that you want to wax. This will help in absorbing the moisture of the skin and make it easier for the wax to work.
- Use a spatula to apply the wax. Apply it in the direction in which your hair grows.
- When you pull off the fabric do not do so at a right angle. Slant it and pull it in a direction opposite to which your hair grows.
These are some really helpful tips that will help you in making sure that you have the perfect waxing experiencing at home!