7 Best Places You Must Visit in Nainital
Nainital, a popular hill station located in Uttarakhand state, is nestled in the Kumaon region of Western Himalayas. One of the major tourist attractions, Nainital has become quite renowned because of the unparalleled natural beauty this city offers. The city is situated in a valley, hemmed by the Kumaon range and the scenic beauty of this place is something which will leave you in awe.
Because of the tourist attraction, Nainital has many fine hotels to book. You can also look for resort in Nainital and choose your stay over there. Here are seven best places you must look for when you arrive in this city. Keep reading.
- Naini Lake: The city of Nainital is named after this lake. Most important lake of the city, this stagnant water body has divided the city into two parts- Tallital and Mallital. The lake holds a majestic beauty and the blue water of the Lake is something you must witness.
- Snow View Point: If you want to get a spectacular view of the snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas, you can try this vantage point situated at an altitude of 2,270m. Many prefer an adventurous trekking to get to this place, otherwise you can always get the hired taxis. This is a must visit for you.
- John in the Wilderness: This historic church was built in the year 1844 and is situated in the northern end of resplendent Naini Lake. The stained-glass window of this church along with the old building’s charm with decorated domes that boasts of Indo-European architectural style, can be of interest to you. Do visit this place.
- Gurney House: The residential cottage of the famous conservationist Jim Corbett. This beautiful little cottage holds a picturesque beauty in itself and serves as one of the major tourist spots of Nainital. Tie to rewind the old tales of Corbett that we have all read while growing up, right?
- Naina Devi Temple: One of the most famous temples of Nainital, located right next to Naini Lake. The Naina Devi temple is considered as one of the 64 Peethas of Goddess sati. Naina means eye. It is said that the eyes of Sati fell here when Lord Shiva was taking her back to the Mount Kailash. Do visit this temple.
- Eco Cave Gardens: Another famous tourist spot of Nainital. The Eco Cave Gardens has an interconnected network of caves which you will enjoy while visiting this place with your family. The musical fountain is most favourite amongst the children.
- Kilbury Bird Sanctuary: One of the most important bird sanctuaries in India that is located on high altitude, Kilbury Bird Sanctuary is home to over 240 species of birds, both migratory and residential. A bird-lover’s paradise, it is called. Here witness some rare birds along with the abundant natural beauty of the park.
So, don’t wait up anymore. Start looking for the 5 star hotel in Nainital and go to this beautiful city for a perfect vacation!