The 10 Best Tactical Knife Brands in the World
The Tactical knives are used and carried by all kinds of knife enthusiasts because of its maximum versatile design. Actually, tactical knives are the blades that are designed for defensive and military use. It is any kinds of knife that fulfill any particular need, or can operate in any harsh condition and mostly, meets military specification.
Here is the List of Top 10 Best Tactical Knife Brands in the World
- Ka-Bar: Ka-Bar, that makes some best and toughest fighting knives and bayonets, was established in 1898. They make various types of knives including sporting, military, and outdoor knives. Their head office is located in Olean, New York. If you want to defend yourself, Ka-Bar is the best tactical combat knife manufacturing brand name you can trust on.
- Kershaw: In 1974, when Vietnam era was running and tactical knives were so vital to the American mission, a company named Kershaw came out with tactical fighting knives. Tualatin, Oregon, is the headquarters of this company. Basically, they are expert on folding pocket knife and sporting knife. They generally use high-tech materials, advanced steels and superior coating to make their best products.
- Buck Knives: Buck knife, the synonymous of folding back knife, was founded in San Diego, California in 1902. Currently, Post Falls, Idaho is the head office of this company. Primarily, they make sports and field knives but they are mostly popular of making folding hunting knife. They are one of the best classic knife designers. If you want to buy a classic tactical knife then Buck would be your best choice.
- Spyderco: 39 years ago, in 1978, Sal Glesser founded a knife company named Spyderco. Its head office is at Golden, Colorado. It is one of the first manufacturers that offered tactical folder. Spyderco generally produces tactical folders with various designs. But fixed blade knives are made to by them. Their main components of the handle are FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon) and G10; on the other hand CPM-S30V is used for producing blades which make people believe they are best for tactical folding knives.
- Cold Steel: Cold steel is knives, swords and other edged weapons seller company which was established in 1980. Their headquarters is in Ventura, CA. They use various types of steels such as Aus8, SK5, VG-1, German 4116 stainless steel, D2 steel, O-1 high carbon, 1055 high carbon steel etc, depending on their items types and manufacturers place as they manufacture their product from different places. Their products are fixed blade knives, folding knives, blowguns, walking sticks, training equipment, tomahawks, kukris, swords, machetes and other martial arts items.
- Smith & Wesson: Smith & Wesson is a firearms manufacturer of the USA which was founded in 1852. Springfield, Massachusetts, United States is their headquarters. Their products quality and reliability are extremely reputable. When you hold a Smith & Wesson knife in your hand, you will realize you are holding the best knife in the world. They are good to produce fixed blade knife.
- Zero Tolerance: This brand is the newest brand in our list which was started in 2006. But trust me, this brand have earned their place at the top of the table with big boys. They are quick enough to adopt unique and new design, blade steels, locking mechanism and composite materials like CPM-S30V, ELMAX and Böhler N690 that make them one of the best. Folding knife is the best production of Zero Tolerance brand.
- Gerber: Gerber is one of the most reputable brands in the field of gear. They started their journey from 1939. They are also famous for making tactical knives and other large blades. They are one of those companies that make heavy-duty machete along the side of a small, traditional folder. Their headquarter is in Tigard, Oregon,
- Ontario Knife: Ontario Knife Company, mainly known as a supplier off American military, was founded in 1889 in Naples, New York. They supply products such as the M7 bayonet, the M1942 Machete, the Navy MK3 MOD 0 Diving/survival knife, the USAF Survival Knife etc and most recently, the USMC OKC-3S Bayonet. They use high-quality components which make them reliable to the army and normal people and you can trust them when you will buy a tactical knife.
- SOG Specialty: The last brand in our list is SOG which was established in 1986 at the time of Vietnam War. Knives were used by American Special Forces. It basically combines three principal elements: chromium, carbon, and molybdenum so that it can offer best and high-quality knives. They manufacture an array of tools, multi-tools, others knives including tactical knives, fixed blade knife etc. Anyone who likes quality and craftsmanship of modern military knife will definitely love knives from SOG’s large list of tactical knives.